5 Reasons to Migrate from Shared Hosting to Cloud Hosting
Like most new website owners chances are you too might have chosen Shared Hosting at the start of your business and over the years with the growing traffic you might be looking for a change. A quick glance at a web hosting providers website reveals a lot of hosting options for you to choose from, Cloud Hosting is one of them. In this article, we will discuss Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting and the reasons why you should migrate from Shared to Cloud Hosting.
What is Shared Hosting
Shared Hosting as the name suggests is the type of hosting where the physical server is shared amongst various websites. Shared Hosting is ideal for websites that are small and have less traffic. Moreover, apart from the server, even the server resources like bandwidth, storage, disk space, etc. are shared amongst the websites.
What is Cloud Hosting
Cloud Hosting is a cluster of several servers all interconnected to each other forming one big server. Unlike Shared Hosting, the server resources are not shared amongst the websites hosted on it, but each website has its own set of dedicated resources.
- Scalability: Post moving to Cloud Hosting your website traffic might still grow and, if you outgrow your current plan, you can easily upgrade your resources. That is to say, Cloud Hosting offers instant scalability when it comes to your server resources. Apart from upgradation you can even downgrade your plan should the need arise.
- No Single Point of Failure: Since the load is distributed between several servers, each server keeps a backup copy of your data. Therefore, if your server were to crash for some particular reason, you need not worry about losing your data. Neither will your website suffer unintentional downtime nor you lose your website data. This makes Cloud Hosting reliable compared to Shared Hosting.
- Fast Website Loading Speed: Cloud Hosting is built on high performing servers and state-of-the-art architecture. Moreover, most service providers offer features like Varnish Cache that help in boosting your website speed. In Varnish Cache there is a cache placed between the client and server which ups the fetching time and improves website loading speed by 1000x. A faster loading website eventually improves the Search Engine Ranking of your website in the Google search engine.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting may look expensive. However, if you compare the cost with the features, you will realise it is cost-effective. Moreover, the cost of your Cloud Hosting depends on the plan you opt for.
- Security: There is a myth that data on the cloud is not safe and is prone to hacking, however, the truth is data on the cloud is safe, as well as, stable as cloud Hosting servers have strong encryption. Moreover, since the data is over the cloud, you do not lose it in times of downtime or server crashes, as it is backed up automatically. Thus, Cloud Hosting offers rock-solid stability and security for your website.
As important it is to choose a web hosting for your website, it is equally important when it comes to the choice of your website hosting provider. Choosing the right Cloud Hosting from the right provider will ensure that you actually reap the benefits of Cloud Hosting without investing too much money for fewer resources and even have a hassle-free migration process. I hope this article was helpful and helped ease any doubts you may have had about migrating to Cloud Hosting. If you have any queries, please feel free to ask them in the comments section below.